8 Best Mobile App Development Tools in 2022
Mobile application technology is now an inseparable part of a Smartphone user’s life. Mobile apps account for 57% of all digital media usage. If you think about it, Smartphones wouldn’t exist without app technology. The demand for niche and convenient applications has given rise to a number of mobile app development tools & technologies to build a hyper-competitive application.
Today, there are more than 4 million applications on the app store. Winning in your industry becomes challenging unless you have a groundbreaking mobile app idea. An engaging application will definitely make your branding more effective. Netflix is an excellent example of an engaging application which transformed the on-demand video streaming industry.
To build mobile applications, the right mobile app technology stack and development tools are needed. But before we dive into the details of the top mobile app development tools & technologies, let’s take a look at what makes companies hire mobile app developers in the first place.
Why do companies prefer Mobile App Development over websites?
Companies need to be smart. By 2020, there were 3.8 billion Smartphone users in the world. That is nearly half the world’s population. It clearly suggests that companies need to market themselves where they have the most users. And unarguably, mobile application development is what they choose.
Each company has its own reasons to hire someone who can work with the best mobile technology stack and deliver high-performing mobile applications. Here are the 5 most common reasons that companies hire mobile app developers for reaching Smartphone users:-
- User-focused: Mobile applications are user-focused and don’t have many distractions. Companies can personalize the user experience through push notifications and retargeting. Through this, they are able to reach more customers.
- Accessibility: More companies are realizing that users are limiting their desktop usage and accessing everything through mobile devices. A mobile application is easily accessible and doesn’t require the hassle of opening up your desktop.
- Security: Mobile app technology stacks enabling building secure applications as they are less open and vulnerable to cyberthreats. It is more difficult to hack user data from a mobile device than it is from a website.
- More reach: As mentioned above, mobile apps are used by nearly everyone. They are more convenient to access, which allows companies to reach more customers. They can even get customers from across the globe as the Android and iOS app stores are available everywhere.
- Cost-effective: Today, mobile app development technologies have made app development more affordable than ever. You can hire an experienced mobile app developer and get a cost-effective app without much need for maintenance.
Top 8 Most Popular Mobile App Development Tools in 2022
Now that you have learned that mobile apps are an inevitable part of life, you must be wondering how you can build a mobile application. For that, there are various mobile app development technologies which enable swift and feature-rich mobile app development.
Building a mobile application is not rocket science. You just need to hire the right mobile app developers. But before that, you must analyze your requirements carefully to identify what mobile app technology stack best suits your needs.
You must ask yourself these 5 questions:-
- Do you need a native android mobile app, native application for iOS or a cross-platform app?
- Do you want an enterprise application or a consumer-based app?
- Is it a niche app or are you targeting a global customer base?
- How much can you spend on your mobile application development project?
- Do you want a response mobile application(for web & mobile) or a simple one?
Once you answer the above questions, along with the timeframe, you will be better able to make the decision. One more question to ask is that do you want a machine learning-based application? Today, more companies are looking to hire mobile app developers who can build AI applications for better interaction with their users.
After answering the questions, you can choose any cross-platform tools from the following 8 best mobile app development technologies that fulfil your requirements:-
- Flutter is probably the most preferred mobile technology stack for app development in 2020. It is a UI toolkit launched by Google that enables building highly aesthetic UI for mobile applications. Flutters allows mobile app developers to build fully-customized native applications with widgets.
- Flutter has a layered architecture which permits faster rendering of components, reducing your mobile application development time drastically. It has rich motions APIs for fluid navigation and supports both native android mobile apps and iOS native apps.
- The UI toolkit is mostly used by mobile app developers for its UI capabilities and widgets that provide an enhanced look and feel for the applications. Developers can build high-performance applications without compromising on the time and money involved in development.
- Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails is a popular mobile app technology stack used to build powerful mobile applications. It is not limited to a single platform and is used to build cross-platform mobile apps. The framework powers some of the most popular applications like Airbnb, Basecamp, Github, Shopify, and many more.
- Ruby on Rails 6 is the newest version of the framework which perfectly utilizes the RubyGems to add rich functionalities to your mobile application. It has cleaner code and is easy to learn. The number one reason it is preferred as a mobile technology stack is that development is affordable as the framework is open source and experienced professionals are available at a lower cost.
- Ruby on Rails enables you to build rapid prototypes which is a major advantage when it comes to accumulating funding. It provides more time-to-market for mobile applications. The framework is usually preferred by startups and MNCs are increasingly exploring it for their application needs.
- What Java is for Android, Swift is for iOS. It is the programming language used for developing native applications for iOS. Swift allows developers to build engaging mobile applications that entice iPhone users so much.
- Swift is easy to maintain and has advanced features that allow building powerful applications. It requires minimal coding as more can be achieved with a few lines of syntax. Mobile app developers love swift because it allows them to smoothly integrate native features with mobile applications.
- It follows safe and easy programming features. iOS applications are known for their safety and privacy features, which are built by Swift in an easier manner. The good thing is that if you know objective C, you can easily learn the language as the syntax for developing mobile apps is almost similar in both.
- Ionic allows mobile app developers to build powerful hybrid applications without extra efforts and hassle. It is an open-source app development framework which is continuously updated by the community.
- Ionic is an easy and simple framework which enables developers to regularly create applications and quickly transfer them for deployment. It is a powerful mobile application development framework for both iOS and Android.
- Ionic is a preferred mobile app development platform as it provides an intuitive UI which makes app development easier. The mobile app technology stack reduces the development time by 25% and provides developers complete control over the process.
- React Native
- React Native is a popular mobile app development framework which is used for building cross-platform mobile applications. It is a highly popular app development framework built by Facebook to simplify the app development process for mobile app developers.
- React Native easily combines with Java, Swift, and Objective C as a cross-platform mobile app technology stack. It reduces the mobile app development time by 30% and is a crash-free platform. You can build interactive UI/UX with the framework along with server-side APIs and app integration.
- One of the major benefits of React Native is that mobile app developers can use a single code for both Android mobile applications development and native applications for iOS. Thus, it reduces the extra time it takes to write separate code for both applications.
- PhoneGap is an open-source app technology platform, regularly updated by the wide community of users. It is compatible with all operating systems and can be used to build high-quality cross-platform, native, hybrid, and progressive mobile applications.
- The framework doesn’t have any hardware restrictions and supports all the native apps like Camera, Storage, GPS, and many more. It is a highly-stable mobile app technology stack for building reliable and dynamic applications.
- Xamarin is created by Microsoft to build cross-platform mobile applications. It is a highly popular mobile app technology stack that uses less code and enables integrating powerful functionalities. One of the best features is that it decreases the app development cost twofold.
- The framework offers a diagnostics tool for quickly diagnosing any errors in the mobile app development process. It works with the Android SDK manager and Swift for building powerful native Android and iOS applications, respectively.
- Xamarin ranks at the top of all the hybrid mobile app development technologies & tools. It has a shared code facility and exceptional tooling which reduces the time taken to develop mobile applications. It ultimately reduces the cost of mobile app development.
- For native android mobile apps, Java was the official language for applications until the introduction of Kotlin. Probably the most popular programming language of all time, Java is the core of Android applications. It is an open-source programming language that enables Android mobile app developers to build high-performing applications.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language to build native applications for Android and it is not machine specific. It enables building applications that can be interpreted by virtual machines and run on any platform. As one of the preferred mobile development technologies, it has an easier learning curve.
- The programming language is more extensive than C or C++ because it can handle more queries at run-time than most of the other programming languages. It is used by the Android SDK environment and is highly adaptable, enabling mobile app developers to build powerful and feature-rich applications with the Android technology stack.
You can hire the right mobile app developers for your application requirements from a leading mobile app development company like BoTree. We work with Ruby on Rails, React Native and many other technologies to build powerful mobile apps.
At BoTree Technologies, we build enterprise applications with our Mobile Dev team of 20+ engineers.
Consulting is free – let us help you grow!
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management