7 Reasons to Use Microsoft .NET Framework for App Development
.NET framework is the #1 framework used by developers globally in 2021, with a market share of 34.2%.
Almost 90% of professional developers in the world target the Windows operating system for software development.
.NET Core is the most loved framework with a score of 77.2, followed by Torch/PyTorch and Flutter.
Data suggests that the Microsoft .NET framework is the first choice for software and enterprise applications. It is a productive and efficient framework for building dynamic and high-quality applications. Most of all – .NET supports scalable applications, which is why a lot of Fortune500 companies use it in their technology stack.
.NET application environment supports 60 programming languages. 11 of these languages are developed by Microsoft, including C#, C++, Visual Basic, TypeScript, among others. Today, .NET is one of the best application development platforms because of its robust nature and future deployment perspectives.
The Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Framework Class Library (FCL) enable better security, memory management, and exception handling. Developers combine the code with the .NET framework to develop web and mobile applications.
However, ASP.NET development services are different from .NET as ASP.NET is an application built on the .NET framework. It is an open-source platform for building web apps, APIs, and microservices.
What is the Use of the .NET Framework?
There are a lot of areas where .NET applications are prevalent. Leveraging .NET development services enable companies to build versatile solutions for their enterprise. The top uses of .NET application development include –
- Enterprise applications
From scalable ERP to CMS systems, dotnet development services are useful for building all types of enterprise applications for seamless operations.
- Mobile applications
The .NET framework blends in well with Xamarin to develop cross-platform mobile applications and has the right tools to add new features to mobile apps.
- Internet of Things
The interoperability and high performance enable developers to build applications specific to the Internet of Things and connected devices with smart features.
- Game development
The .NET ecosystem provides complete support for gaming applications due to the versatile features it offers and the app scalability without any lag.
- Web applications
A .NET development company has experts in building web applications and systems that enable enterprises to achieve complete digital transformation.
What are Some of the Advantages of the .NET Framework?
There are hundreds of frameworks to build applications – Django, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, and more. Among these, .NET is a significant player for scalable and secure solutions for enterprises and startups.
Here are 7 reasons to choose .NET application development for your next project –
- Better Productivity
- Developers and companies that want to achieve a high level of productivity during application development should choose dot net development services. Generics, Language Integrated Query, and asynchronous programming are the primary contributors to faster development.
- .NET framework has amazing class libraries, common APIs, and multi-language support that improves developer productivity. The powerful tools provided by the Visual Studio family enable the development team to achieve more output in a relatively low amount of time.
- Platform Independent
- The .NET ecosystem is platform-independent – applications can be executed and programmed on different platforms. The biggest advantage is that .NET developers can reuse the code and use it in a similar development environment.
- Whether enterprises want an application for iOS, Android, or Windows, they can hire .net developers to build the same. Even for high-scale microservices executable in the cloud, .NET is the right framework. It is not restricted just to Windows and offers functionalities for multiple platforms.
- Language Support
- .NET supports over 60 programming languages to build software programs. Some of them are developed by Microsoft like Visual Basic, C#, C++, J#, and more. Developers with expertise in these programming languages can easily develop and code applications using the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Apart from these, the framework also supports a wide range of non-Microsoft programming languages like C, Ruby, Scala, Java bytecode, PHP (through Phalanger), Standard ML, VB Script, and several others. Enterprises can easily find developers for these languages and get high-quality applications.
- Mobile Development
- .NET is a wonderful mobile application development framework as well. The Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit (MMIT) allows developers to create mobile applications using a drag-and-drop interface. The MMIT also includes emulators for the actual ROM code of Pocket PC devices to test the application on different screen sizes.
- With the integration of Xamarin, .NET also helps to build cross-platform mobile applications. Developers can share code across platforms and build quick apps for smartphones.
- Application Integration
- .NET offers a host of integrations with other Microsoft applications. It simplifies building applications with exchange servers, emails, Lync messenger, and other Microsoft office applications. Developers can easily retrieve data with a single login and eliminate the hassle of multiple application logins.
- Whether it’s communicating within the organization, data sharing, or collaboration on different projects, a .NET application assists enterprises in managing all operations under a single roof. It basically automates the workflow management process.
- Scalability & Stability
- When it comes to scalability, .NET still remains one of the top application development frameworks. There is an object interface that allows developers to create a blueprint to reuse the objects in different software. Therefore, developers can change the code without impacting other parts that don’t need any modification.
- Accenture, StackOverflow, Microsoft, Intuit, Intel are some of the leading companies that utilize .NET and ASP.NET development services for scalable, stable, and secure enterprise applications.
- Wide Community
- There are around 6 million .NET developers in the world. It has one of the largest and most active communities in the programming industry. While there is a significant learning curve that comes with .NET, there are hundreds of resources and documentation available for beginners and intermediate developers to become experts in the technology.
- Apart from that, there are a number of courses offered by Microsoft itself to help developers learn the web framework. There are several third-party sites and tools available that teach everything about .NET.
There are more advantages of using the .NET framework for application development than cons. Its speed of development, cross-platform capabilities, and easy deployment enables enterprises to build digital products and solutions with ease. If you are looking for the best .NET development company in the US, we can help.
Choose Your Language
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management