Reasons Why Python is the Next Big Thing!
I was looking for a “hobby” programming project that would keep me occupied during the week around Christmas. My office would be closed, but I had a home computer and not much else on my hands. I decided to write an interpreter for the new scripting language I had been thinking about lately: a descendant of ABC.
– Guido van Rossum
The idea behind Python programming language defines the purpose of creating this programming language. A language that is simple has a syntax similar to the English language and above all is easy to learn. With various versions after its first launch, Python has evolved and grown to be one of the most popular languages in recent times.
How Python Proves to be a Better Programming Language?
- Where on one hand PHP is a web-oriented language having a single semantic entry point, on the other hand, Python Programming, on the other hand, is a versatile language which is applicable for web development as well
- Java requires the explicit declaration of variables, whereas Python has no such requirement, rather the syntax is simple.
- Similarly, C# also needs to follow various rules while writing- blocks of the code wrapped in brackets. Python doesn’t have such methods and rules, moreover, it uses shift which makes the code look neater.
- Ruby on Rails one hand has various approaches, Python has only one.
The increasing popularity of Python is due to the above and more. Here are a few statistics that show the recent trends favoring the rise of Python:
- Python tops the IEEE Spectrum’s list of Top Programming Languages (2017).
- TIOBE Programming Community Index indicates the popularity of programming languages, having Python at 5th Rank in May 2018. Python has constantly been in top 10 of TIOBE’s rank since 2008.
- According to Analytics India, Python ranks 1 as the best programming language for data scientists. Python is also gaining popularity in building a foundation for machine learning.
- Python to win best programming language by Linux Journal Readers Choice award 2018.
- In June 2017, Python was the most visited tag on Stack Overflow within high-income nations, E.g. US and UK.
All the craze that Python is gathering recently, accounts for its simple architecture and easy to learn features. 8 of the highest 10 computer science departments now use python to show coding, in addition to 27 of the top 39 schools.
Python’s open source community, numerous libraries for assistance, compatibility with various platforms and user-friendly data structures makes it reliable and easy to work on.
With all of the above features bringing Python to the top charts, its multi-paradigm structure gives various options to the developers and also widens the scope of Python’s applications in, web, desktop applications development, life support management systems, complex calculation systems, automation scripts, scientific computing, robotics, Internet of Things, games, natural language processing, GUI based desktop applications and many more.
At BoTree Technologies, we build enterprise applications with our Python team of 15+ engineers.
Consulting is free – let us help you grow!
Choose Your Language
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management
- Salesforce Development