Understanding Expression Analysis with Python Software Development
Soon the days of opening your Smartphone with the finger will be over. Facial recognition is becoming widely popular with players like Facebook, Samsung & Apple entering the territory.
It has generated significant traction in the research community for its applications in image analysis & identity evaluation. Python software development has major interlinks to face recognition as it is based on the architecture of artificial intelligence.
OpenCV, one of the most popular python bound libraries in understanding computer vision, has accelerated the development of facial recognition and allowed businesses to explore opportunities in this field.
How OpenCV and Python Support Expression Analysis?
While initially written in C/C++, OpenCV is a widely used library that now offers bindings for python. With the help of machine learning, OpenCV allows the identification of faces based on different features, expressions & subtleties. Since every face expresses uniqueness & patterns, it breaks the task into mini tasks for easier identification. Such tasks are often referred to as classifiers.
- Python programming language is the latest breakthrough in machine learning technology. It plays an important role in identifying classifiers in the OpenCV library for accurate analysis.
- With a face comprising of nearly 5000-6000 classifiers which must match for the face to be recognized, OpenCV utilizes cascades. These cascades distribute the process into stages with the algorithm performing an operation on several classifiers at each stage.
- Cascades are basically XML files containing data that OpenCV utilizes to detect expressions & objects. There are several built-in cascades in OpenCV that allow recognition of face, hands & fingers.
- EigenFaces, FisherFaces & Local Binary Pattern Histograms (LBPH) are three face recognizers in OpenCV that can be implemented to identify different parts of the face and integrate it together for the overall expression analysis process.
Facial Mapping in Practice with Python Development Services
The tech world is disrupted with facial recognition in place. It involves the identification of different parts of the face like height, width, color, shape nose & eyes and other aspects that integrate the process into a whole. However, once these features are recognized, the task becomes easier for OpenCV to match the uniqueness with the data and analyze the image generated.
Face Recognition with Python Software Development Comprises Three Coding Steps
- Gathering of facial data: This stage of coding deals with accumulating data in the forms of patterns & distinct features of the face.
- Training the recognizer: The next stage is to provide this data to the recognizer so that it can store it in the memory & learn from it.
- Recognizing the face: The final stage is to feed the faces to the recognizer and evaluate whether it can recognize or not.
Facial recognition software has gained significance in various industries. In China, the government uses CCTV cameras to understand the behavior of people, social credit & their friends. With python development services, it is easier to code a facial recognition application in simple steps and take advantage of the opportunities that the field has to offer.
At BoTree Technologies, we build enterprise applications with our Python team of 15+ engineers.
Consulting is free – let us help you grow!
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management