Popular Java eCommerce Frameworks and CMS
Java is a veteran programming language server-side language of approximately 90% of Fortune 500 companies. In addition, some of the world’s best companies, such as Netflix, Slack, Instagram, and more, are built using the Java technology stack.
Customer-centricity has become a core of an ecosystem with great emphasis on digital technologies and disruptive innovations like artificial intelligence and machine learning. Such is the focus on consumer satisfaction that even a software development company offers many offerings leading to a better consumer experience.
Keeping that in mind, a Java enterprise software development company, lays special attention to content management systems and eCommerce frameworks. The Java frameworks and CM help to enable the rapid development of custom applications.
How is a Java eCommerce framework used in Application Development?
The choice of framework depends on the framework chosen for the development of the application. Therefore, a Java software development company must select an appropriate framework carefully.
Each eCommerce platform development is different. There are numerous frameworks and Java tools that can meet all requirements. However, the ultimate choice of framework would be driven by the level of your knowledge and the level of customization your site requires.
Most common Java frameworks can support customizable pre-built modules that can help meet the basic requirements of an eCommerce web application. The frameworks can be used to add functional as well as administrative functionalities. On the functional side, singular functionalities such as search functions can be added to a new website or added one by one on an existing site. On the other hand, the administrative side of an eCommerce website can be supported by a wide range of functionalities for marketing, accounting, warehousing, and more.
Certain Java frameworks also enable adding their code to build custom components entirely from scratch. This provides added flexibility to fit the application as per exact needs.
Top Java Frameworks for eCommerce Development
A Java development company uses many eCommerce frameworks. Here is a list of top Java eCommerce development frameworks.
- Hybris / SAP Customer Experience
- Hybris, a subsidiary of SAP SE, is an omnichannel e-commerce framework whose capabilities are deeply integrated into the SAP cloud ecosystem. It gives the sellers enhanced data and tools for optimizing margins and loyalty.
- It supports B2B, B2C, and B2B2C enterprises such as Nestle, GE, Levi Strauss, and more. It is an expensive java framework that provides the best value for money when used to its full potential.
- Leading Java services companies use it to offer two significant products: commerce solutions and marketing tools. In addition, the framework is highly suitable for improving communication with consumers.
- Hybris is a multi-language and multi-vendor framework that supports multichannel opportunities. It has numerous configurable components that a Java enterprise solutions company can use to build an ideal platform that meets the customers’ personal requirements.
- Broadroad leaf is another framework used widely by Java development services to build customized eCommerce applications. It is a highly scalable framework that can easily grow with the ecommerce business.
- It is similar to Hybris because it also leverages modern open-source technology like Java and Spring. However, Broadleaf itself is open source. It supports using multiple websites, currencies, channels, languages, and more within the eCommerce system.
- Broadleaf can be integrated with WordPress, Drupal, Zendesk, and other platforms.
- Apache OFBiz
- Apache OFBiz is a framework used for building Java applications. The solutions offered by Apache can be used as an out-of-the-box or customized to meet specific requirements.
- The framework comes with various pre-built core modules such as accounting, CRM, warehousing, and manufacturing. On the business end, the framework offers catalog management, promotion and pricing management, supply chain fulfillment, and all else necessary for successful payments.
- The framework needs better project management options and scheduling features despite various benefits. However, features help to design custom solutions to manage these.
Top Java Content Management Systems
What is a Java CMS? It is a content management system built using the Java programming language and an ecosystem of libraries and tools. A Java CMS software application helps in creating and delivering digital content.
There are numerous Java-based CMS systems, and therefore, it becomes difficult to choose the one that is perfect for you. Therefore, here is a list of the best Java-based content management systems to help users manage the content on their websites and web applications.
- It is a headless open-source CMS that allows for multiple add-ons and integrations to enable the users to customize to meet their requirements.
- Built on top of the best open-source stack for Java developers, It offers numerous chances for content storage and management (in addition to APIs) for reusing content across different systems within the enterprise.
- Alfresco has a modular architecture that is coupled with REST APIs and SDKs. It enables the users to enhance the eCommerce experience and provides configurable, reusable components to build engaging and responsive web and mobile Java applications.
- Alfresco also supports leading productivity applications, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce, and more. Java software development services can extend the eCommerce CMS with other Java-based frameworks for business process management (BPM).
- The major advantage of Alfresco is that it offers not just a CMS but a broader information management framework for eCommerce businesses.
- Like Magnolia, Bloomreach is yet another headless CMS allowing a Java development company to integrate it with other eCommerce development and management tools easily.
- It is very modular and supports a flexible approach to building a customized eCommerce site. Moreover, the system is trusted and operated by many big brands such as Bosch, NHS Digital, HellermannTyton, and more.
A Java software development company must pick the most appropriate framework to build an eCommerce application for its needs. All Java frameworks and CMS have advantages and capabilities that can be exploited to the fullest to get the intended outcome. The ultimate choice of the framework also depends upon the
Requirements, timeline, and budget available for the development project
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best Java ecommerce framework?
Many well-known eCommerce Java frameworks provide various capabilities, in-built features, and the opportunity to customize certain design features. Some of the most important java frameworks and CMS, such as SAP Hybris, Broadleaf, Bloomreach, and more, have been discussed in this blog. Read more to learn about top Java frameworks.
What is a Content Management System?
A Content Management System allows eCommerce companies to create, edit, remove and move pages around your site as per the marketing requirements. Generally installed on the server side, it can be accessed from a PC, laptop, and mobile device.
Do you provide Java eCommerce development and post-deployment services?
BoTree Technologies is the best Java software development company providing best-in-class eCommerce application development services. With 9+ years of expertise, it justifies our capabilities and ensures that you receive world-class eCommerce solutions.
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management