Python App Development: 7 Things to Keep in Mind
Python is one of the most desirable programming languages for app development. From creating interactive web apps to complex AI applications, enterprises use Python for app development for multiple use cases.
In TIOBE’s index of programming languages, Python consistently ranks as one of the most popular languages for web development. With its simple syntax, powerful functionalities, diverse ecosystem, and flexibility, Python is a leader in the industry.
Why Developers Moved to Python
Python has been in existence for over 15 years. However, it recently became popular due to its capabilities in data science. Before Python, companies would use Java, .NET, C, C#, and similar languages. While these languages still prevail, Python quickly gains the top spot. Why is that?
The primary reason is its diversification. There’s a long list of domains where Python is highly capable of achieving what other programming languages can’t. It includes Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, the Internet of Things, Game Development, Data Analytics, and similar fields in modern technology.
With programming becoming advanced, Python increasingly takes center stage. Python is now a major component in the technology stack of all major companies. Netflix, Facebook, IBM, Chase, and Spotify are some of the largest companies in the world that utilize Python app development solutions.
7 Things to Know During Python App Development
While Python is growing at a rapid pace, companies often struggle during its execution. It’s a relatively complex programming language because of the outcomes it delivers. Therefore, it is critical to know how to approach Python app development the right way.
- Python is an interpreted language
- It is critical to know that Python is an interpreted programming language. It doesn’t need sophisticated builds or packaging distributions. The language focuses more on human-based dynamics. CPython is the most common interpreter that comes with the installation of Python from Python.org.
- Today, CPython runs faster than Jython, which is the interpreter of the Java Virtual Machine. Being an interpreted language, Python leaves no scope for compile-time errors. All tests run during the interpreting stage, which ensures that developers don’t miss any bugs that might cause issues during runtime.
- The versions of Python
- Python 3.11.0 is the latest version of the programming language, launched in Oct 2022. It is important to know all the versions of Python. Python 2 and Python 3 have major differences. Knowing the distinction allows developers to understand what features they are working with and how to approach the Python app development framework.
- Secondly, it also enables developers to understand the entire process of migration. When migrating from an older version to a newer version, it is essential to know what will be added and eliminated from the application. Most companies prefer to move to the latest version of the language as it offers stability and improves the entire application with the latest features, which include added security.
- Documentation should be readable
- Another important thing to know is to create readable documentation. Many developers often struggle to work with the code when the developer who created it has left the project. Documentation allows the current developer to come to a better understanding of the project and build a powerful application.
- Sphinx is a Python app development tool for building intelligent and beautiful documentation. It assists developers with Python documentation from existing reStructuredText and export documentation in formats like HTML. Another tool known as reStructuredText lets developers create in-line documentation.
- Responsible coding is important
- The most important facet of Python for app development is to be responsible while coding. Developers must know that indentation is critical in Python, just like any other programming language. However, responsible coding is important for making critical programming decisions. Unlike Java, Python doesn’t ask developers if they call a variable or function any specific name, and it doesn’t need them to define a type.
- Python Shell helps a lot
- Python Shell is one of the best features of Python. It is easily accessible – by just typing python in the command line, developers can execute the Python shell. It helps to test out simple commands in isolation. In many cases, developers will be able to identify if there’s a chance of any syntax or logical error in a command they want to utilize before it is tested in some massive script that might take up memory or be time-intensive.
- Python Shell reminds developers to add or eliminate components from the code for proper execution. It is a simple procedure that won’t take any extra time for developers working on Python app development software.
- Use PyPI wherever possible
- PyPI is the Python Package Index – it has more than 200,000 projects in the repository. Developers should utilize code from it instead of writing it themselves- this saves time and lets them focus on the more significant things. PyPI assists Python developers in simplifying the Python application development process.
- Developers can install PyPI using pip. One of the best things is that they can also create and upload their own packages. Other developers can use them for their own projects. PyPI saves a lot of time and makes the code less complex.
- Implement best practices
- Nobody can stress enough the importance of implementing Python best practices. There’s a lot more to Python than developers tend to assume. Teams that use Python app development tools must know why they are using them. Any company that hires an enterprise software development company for Python apps should ensure that the company uses Python’s best practices.
- Python is a programming language that offers limitless diversity and capabilities if it is used the right way. It can be a boon for enterprises as Python has everything that a modern-day, dynamic enterprise needs for interactive web applications.
The Python app development library has hundreds of things that developers can use. But apart from the technical aspect, it is important to understand how to approach the process of Python development services. Today, companies are eager to use Python for their web applications, but it is critical to use them the right way.
BoTree Technologies is a trusted software development company with 10+ years of expertise in Python app development.
Contact us today for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management