8 Reasons Java Mobile App Development is Recommended
54.8% of world wide web traffic comes from mobile devices. Mobile applications are an important part of everyone’s life. People can do anything using a mobile app. From ordering food online to filing taxes – there’s a mobile application for everything.
Creating the best app requires even better technology. Java mobile app development is a popular choice. Enterprises hire Java programmers for feature-rich Android applications.
Primarily, Java development services are useful for Android development. However, Java frameworks for mobile app development for iOS are available for use.
Java is a popular programming language for web, mobile, and desktop. For over 20 years, it’s been in use. Some developers consider it to be the best programming language for app development.
Let us learn why enterprises consider Java for mobile app development.
8 Reasons Java Mobile App Development is Preferable
Java has everything a mobile developer needs. It offers rich APIs, XML parsing, database connections, user-friendly IDE, and more. Today, Android applications mostly run on Java. But what’s more?
Here are 8 Reasons that Show why is Java used for Developing Mobile Applications:
- Java is a platform-independent programming language. It works on the motto of “Write Once, Run Anywhere.” Essentially, developers can write on Windows and run the code on Linux or macOS.
- Since the 90s, Java has been making waves through its independent nature. Flexible development provides simplification for mobile app development in Java. Developers use Java for building Android applications on any platform.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language. Developers can interact with the objects during mobile app development using Java. There are different project templates and class libraries. Java offers better interaction with native elements as well.
- The object-oriented nature also speeds up the development process. Developers can create reusable code using Java for mobile app development. They can use the source code easily to modify the application according to the requirements.
- Development Tools:
- Java has some of the best development tools. Whether it’s a Java enterprise application or a mobile app, there’s a tool for everything. There are over 500 features that Java offers.
- Push notifications, CMS, universal links, auto-login, one-click payment, and a permanent cart are a couple of features that Java offers. Java Servlet and JSP deal with dynamic content and databases. Java platform manager helps to remove or add the platform.
- Android Connection:
- Java API and Android API are almost similar. Every java mobile app development firm can create Android applications. J2ME is specially designed to create mobile applications. Java interacts seamlessly with the native components of Android.
- The Java Virtual Machine interprets “bytecode” at runtime. By programming against the Android SDK, Java software development companies create the application. Today, along with Java, Kotlin is now a popular choice for Android development.
- Community Support:
- The Java community is massive. From providing support on the best Java framework for mobile apps to creating documentation, developers assist with everything. They offer Java use cases and examples that developers can learn and create from.
- Forums like StackOverflow and code repositories like GitHub are well-known to accommodate some of the best Java developers. Therefore, developers can easily get help from the community in case of any issues arising in mobile development.
- Open-source Programming:
- Sun Microsystems was the creator of Java. Now, Oracle supports the programming language. However, it is an open-source programming language. It gets continuous updates from developers. Companies prefer an open-source language over licensed ones.
- A couple of benefits of being open-source include – affordability, regular updates, maintenance, simplification in development, and more. There are open-source libraries that a software development company can use to its advantage.
- Easy Language:
- Java is an easy programming language. In terms of reading and writing, Java is similar to the English language. On the other hand, it has a simpler learning curve. It is one of the primary programming languages that universities teach.
- To start with Java, there’s no need for a huge investment. Developers can take online courses and learn the programming language. Since it’s so simple, mobile application development also becomes a breeze. There are minimum complexities in the project to be taken care of.
- High-level Applications:
- There are hundreds of Java examples for creating high-level mobile applications. Today, companies prefer mobile apps that can handle thousands of users. Therefore, they are using the programming language to create such applications.
- Java offers multi-threading. Along with that, it becomes easy to multitask. Therefore, companies that require scaling and have heavy requirements always prefer to go with Java. Its mobile applications will also have better exception handling capabilities.
Future of Java Mobile App Development:
Needless to say, Java is a strong programming language for mobile application development. Whether it’s an enterprise software development company, an enterprise, or a startup, everyone understands the usefulness of Java.
Java has a much more powerful ecosystem. The recent choice for Android apps, Kotlin, is still in its growing stage. Java is a mature programming language. It means there are more developers available, much better support, and more updates.
With native technologies becoming important, Java will still find its proper use in mobile development. Interacting with native components is essential for mobile applications. Java has the capabilities to create native Android apps with amazing capabilities.
Therefore, the future of Java is definitely a bright one. However, it will face heavy competition from Google’s ecosystem. There need to be constant updates if the programming language wants to stay relevant for mobile development.
The above article highlights the top 8 reasons why enterprises should choose Java for mobile application development. It is a popular technology that offers complete support for Android apps. There are a rich set of libraries, powerful features, and a diverse ecosystem – making Java an amazing programming language for mobile.
Developing high-quality mobile apps require the assistance of experts. And BoTree Technologies can help with that. We are a leading and trusted Java app development company with 10+ years of experience. Our successful delivery of 200+ projects proves our expertise as the best Java partner for your project.
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management