14 Examples of React Native Apps that Prove its Power
38% of developers used React Native as their choice of cross-platform framework for mobile app development between 2019 to 2021. It is the second most popular framework for cross-mobile application development after Flutter.
Apps built with React Native are efficient, native-looking, and interactive on both iOS and Android – all thanks to its code reusability. It is widely popular for building MVPs for one-screen mobile applications.
Today, more and more companies are switching to React Native. The best benefit of React Native is not one but many –
- Code reusability, allowing faster development
- Lower development cost, no need to hire developers separately
- View changes immediately in the mobile application
- Quickly update the app on both iOS and Android app stores
- Achieve greater performance due to powerful components
Since its release in 2015, React Native technology has become one of the first frameworks that companies consider for mobile app development. It combines the elements of the React library by Facebook, enabling developers to write interactive apps with ease.
React Native applications are finding their way in every industry, be it automobile, entertainment, or finance. In this article, you’ll learn about the 14 amazing React Native apps that are leading their industry.
14 Companies that use React Native for their Mobile Apps
The top React Native apps examples include startups as well as Fortune 500 companies. Let us understand how these companies are using the React Native framework in their mobile applications –
- One of the most popular apps for voice and messaging, Discord became the sensation in 2020 amongst gamers. The biggest advantage of the app is that entire communities can use the app to interact with each other. React Native mobile app development enables the app to share 98% of its codebase between iOS and Android.
- The developer of the React Native platform, Facebook, extensively uses the technology for Facebook ads. It was the first React Native app for Android built by the company. It allowed the development of time zones, date formats, currency conventions and provided the ability to handle data accurately. It also simplifies the implementation of UI surfaces with massive data.
- The global news portal used to spend a lot of time updating the codebase for both iOS and Android separately, which cost them a ton of money. After rigorous testing, Bloomberg focused on building the app using React Native. Since then, the company has been updating the application simultaneously using the cross-platform development functionality.
- Instagram is one of the biggest social networking sites for sharing photos, videos, and chatting with friends. In 2016, the company considered the move to React Native for mobile app development. It gradually implemented the technology and integrated React Native push notifications, which led to faster delivery of notifications to thousands of users at once.
- It might be hard to believe, but Tesla’s mobile app is one of the best React Native apps example. The application for its electric car and powerwall battery owners is written and rewritten using React Native. While the application can help to diagnose a vehicle, it also enables the drivers to control it with the help of a smartphone.
- Airbnb has a team of 60+ developers who work on its digital product with React Native. The framework makes cross-platform development possible for the applications. The company extensively reuses the codebase between both iOS and Android. React Native technology also simplifies the process of refactoring the application. Several interactive components are written using React Native.
- One of the world’s biggest retailers is also one of the top examples of React Native apps. At first, they used Node.js in their technology stack, but the application was rewritten using React Native. Both the platforms share around 95% of the codebase, which also led to the reduction in development costs for the company.
- The world’s leading pinning website, Pinterest, uses React Native to focus highly on developer productivity. They use the framework to share the codebase between iOS and Android, enabling their team to work faster and deliver high-quality fixes. React Native also allows the company to handle massive amounts of traffic, ensuring scalability is always on point.
- The company uses React Native development services for Soundcloud Pulse, a platform for musicians to manage their community. The team finds it easier to work with React Native. Since they didn’t want a huge gap between the iOS and Android applications, they used the framework to share the codebase and build a high-quality application for both platforms.
- One of the leading companies that use React Native is Shopify. Their development team achieves two times better productivity than other frameworks. They expected to share 80% of the codebase between mobile applications but ended up with 95%. Since then, Shopify has been able to handle the mobile commerce needs of hundreds of customers worldwide.
- Wix is one of those apps built with React Native that became better with time. They started with React Native developers back in 2015, mostly because they required a scalable framework for mobile app development. The shift to work on React Native was natural for Wix as the company found multiple uses in building the application with the technology.
- India’s biggest and largest ecommerce player, Flipkart, is an example of how React Native can help in cross-platform app development. Most components of the mobile app are developed using React Native. It offers amazing scalability, with over 400 million visits every week. The app offers simplified navigation and delivers high performance.
- It is one of the most robust apps using React Native. The company wanted to overcome the limited functionalities of the web view on mobile devices. The team then built the entire dashboard using React Native, which enhanced the user experience. It provides swift navigation to the users, and the company expects to adopt the framework for further feature implementation.
- Coinbase Pro
- The largest cryptocurrency exchange decided to rewrite their app using React Native in 2019. It implemented a new sign up experience using the framework. The framework also reuses the business logic for the Android and iOS apps. The cross-platform app offers fast refresh and easy onboarding using the enhanced sign up process.
React Native is a technology for the future of mobile app development. Building any cross-platform app becomes easier as the sharing of a single codebase reduces the effort to build the application. It helps in building a native application with components that are easily reusable.
BoTree Technologies is a leading React Native app development company building high-quality React Native applications for companies in every industry.
Contact us today for Contact us today for a FREE CONSULTATION.
Choose Your Language
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management