Top 10 Tools to Simplify RoR App Development
There are 4,029,294 websites that currently use Ruby on Rails in their technology stack. These websites range in industries from finance to manufacturing. Ruby on Rails development services are the perfect companion for companies that want rapid, scalable, easy-to-maintain products.
The best thing about Ruby on Rails web development is its simplicity. Ruby, the programming language which the framework uses, has a simple syntax and RoR itself has a simple interface and easy-to-use toolkit. Any RoR developer can start on a Rails project within no time because of the easy learning curve that it has.
But using Ruby on Rails for App development requires the assistance of tools. The Rails ecosystem is one of the most comprehensive, versatile, and dynamic ever. It has tools, plugins, libraries, platforms that enable developers and enterprises to build high-quality applications.
Whether it’s keeping the code clean and organized or deploying products on the cloud, there’s a tool that simplifies this process in RoR app development. Developers often find these tools and plugins as useful resources that provide additional functionality apart from Rails’s true capabilities.
Checkout Top 12 Ruby on Rails Website Examples
This article will highlight the top 10 tools that simplify the process of Ruby on Rails App development. It will comprise of plugins & tools that are generally called “RubyGems” in the Rails ecosystem.
10 Tools that simplify Ruby on Rails App Development
RubyGems is a package manager that has a lot of gems or plugins, libraries, and tools to easily create applications. They help in adding features, enhancing development capabilities, and ensuring that the solution is of the highest quality.
Here are the top 10 tools and libraries that developers use to simplify the development of RoR applications –
- Atom Editor
- Another IDE for Ruby on Rails app development services, Atom, is an open-source editor by GitHub, which is now a subsidiary of Microsoft. It is a highly customizable platform that increases productivity during the development process. Git and Github for version control are automatically integrated into the editor.
- Atom doesn’t require the developers to move the configuration files each time. Therefore, it leads to much faster RoR development than several other editors.
- One of the most popular development ecosystems for RoR web solutions, Netbeans offers complete end-to-end application development for Rails. It is a fast and highly optimized IDE that increases the efficiency of the development process. It is highly useful for building web applications, desktop apps, and even mobile apps.
- A huge advantage of Netbeans is that it is a cross-platform editor, which runs perfectly well on Microsoft, Linux, and macOS.
- Moving on to RubyGems, another tool that simplifies the development process and is considered as one of the best RoR gems is Rubocop. It is a code analyzer that tells developers what’s wrong with the coding style and assists with finding bugs and errors in the code as well.
- Rubocop checks the code grammar, variations, and other things to ensure that the code matches the Ruby best practices and guidelines.
- Developers at any RoR consulting company would agree to the power of Pry, a runtime developer console. There is structure highlighting, robus plugin framework, and documentation that simplifies development. It is one of the best tools that provides an interactive development ecosystem, which enables developers to customize it as they wish.
- Pry is a flexible tool for Ruby on Rails application development. It receives the input, processes it quickly, and returns the desired result to the user.
- Another tool that improves the performance of RoR apps and reduces the number of queries for processing is Bullet. It enables developers to decide when the counter cache is required by understanding the number of queries that the system is facing. It is a great rubygem for handling the scaling requirements of the application.
- Bullet also tells the developer when to use eager loading. It is a great tool to simplify the Ruby on Rails web development process.
- When enterprises want to build small applications in less amount of time, then Sinatra is the best choice. It is an open-source library with the best customizations to build high-quality web applications. When developers want to create domain-specific applications, they can use Sinatra to work with heavy personalization options.
- The tool is easily documented, which enables developers to deploy it with ease. Applications built with Sinatra run comparatively faster than others.
- A reliable and primary RubyGem for development, Omniauth is useful when there’s a need for authentication from multiple providers. When enterprises want their users to log in from Facebook, Google, Pinterest, and others, Omniauth is the tool that comes in handy. It provides user data in the form of hash after redirecting it from another website.
- Omniauth has a solution in the form of a black box that runs as rack middleware. It is one of the fastest ways to integrate multiple authentications.
- One of the best RubyGems, Guard, is helpful to avoid repetitive and mundane tasks like relaunching and more. When there is any modification in the files, Guard automates different tasks based on the rules set for the files. It is also useful for replacing IDEs, designing responsive workflows, and installing and evaluating different system services.
- Most web developers utilize Guard for automating their tasks. It drastically increases the speed of development.
By using the right tools and RubyGems for RoR application development, enterprises can benefit in terms of the speed, performance, and efficiency of the application. When you hire a leading Ruby on Rails web app development company like BoTree Technologies, you can be assured that it will utilize the best tools to build web and mobile applications.
CONSULT FOR FREE today!
Choose Your Language
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management