Why is Java Application Development Popular in 2021?
Java is the #1 programming language for today’s tech trends. Over the last 20 years, only C and Java are the two programming languages that have taken the top spot in TIOBE’s index. Java application development has been useful in building dynamic apps for years, and will continue to be so.
Java is the technology for enterprise apps – companies use it to build scalable, robust, and versatile apps. While Java software development services face stiff competition from Python, it is still preferable due to its speed and power. Java web application development offers platforms and software that stays competitive for years.
On top of that, Java mobile applications capture a significant portion of the mobile app market. Android applications use Java as their preferred technology due to the ease of use and components that offer dynamic functionalities. It’s been over 26 years, but the programming language is still going strong with over 90% of Fortune500 companies using it in their technology stack.
This article will focus on why Java application development remains popular in 2021. We will highlight the advantages of using Java for application development and how it helps companies with digitalization of their processes.
6 Reasons Java App Development is Popular in 2021
Java is used in more organizations than any other. It has one of the highest numbers of developers in the world. According to a StackOverflow survey, Java boasts of 40.2% popularity among developers across the globe. It has everything that enterprises need for dynamic applications, and everything that developers need to simplify the Java application development process.
Here are 6 reasons why Java is still so popular in 2021 –
- Constant updates
- Unlike several other programming languages and technology stack, app development using Java is always in style because the programming language is constantly updated. In 2018, Java switched to a 6-month release cycle. Every year, new updates and features are rolled out in March and September.
- Every release became faster with Java 10, and now the programming language is better than ever before. Keeping up with the times, Java is useful for microservices, cloud computing, mobile app development, and even for AR & VR solutions. It works well with trendy technologies as well as classic web and mobile solutions for enterprises of all shapes and sizes.
- Highly scalable
- There are 45 billion+ Java Virtual Machines globally, and the sheer amount of requests that the technology handles is just limitless. The programming language is highly scalable for enterprise applications, making it perfect for CRM, ERP, CMS, and web portals that have heavy traffic and usage requirements.
- Java for backend is a powerful tool for both client and server side development. It easily handles heavy workload and hundreds of requests at the same time. Many organizations like Accenture, IBM, and several others use Java for building scalable enterprise applications. It also offers efficiency, which enables companies to achieve quick outcomes within the process.
- Versatile language
- Java is an extremely versatile programming language. It is useful for building all kinds of applications. Companies use Java to build mobile applications, Artificial Intelligence solutions, Big data & cloud computing solutions, embedded systems, gaming applications, and more. Java has the capabilities to build different kinds of applications with ease.
- The versatility of Java web development services also make it highly useful for integration of different applications. AI-based enterprise applications are one of the preferred implementations of Java in today’s world. It is also the #1 programming language for microservices. Even in DevOps, analytics, and chatbot development, Java has found various uses.
- Libraries & frameworks
- There are countless Java frameworks and libraries that make backend development possible and amazing. The best Java web application framework – Spring, ensures high-quality and speedy development. It has everything that developers need to deploy functions without writing the code from scratch. Spring is the best Java framework for all application development needs.
- Apart from Spring, there’s Hibernate, Struts, Wicket, GWT, Dropwizardm and several other frameworks for Java backend development. Libraries like Google Guava, Apache Commons, Jackson, and several others offer dynamic capabilities to add features without any hassle. These libraries and frameworks simplify development for developers and companies alike.
- Wide community
- Java programming app has one of the largest and widest communities in the world. There are 9 million+ Java developers who are ready to provide support whenever needed. They play a significant role in uplifting the status of the Java programming language. Whenever you are stuck with Java web application development, there is a programmer who will provide the solution to you.
- There is a lot of support for outside projects as well. They provide the necessary help on different projects, and companies can easily hire developers at an affordable price. Therefore, the community is one of the biggest advantages for Java programming.
- Java remains popular in 2021 because it is a beginner-friendly programming language. Complex tasks like memory management can be executed with ease. New programmers can write and run programs with ease. The object oriented approach to programming also helps developers as it is something that most of them are already familiar with.
- A Java application development company has a plethora of developers who have a lot of experience in building applications. But they also have junior developers who start building apps from day one. It is because Java web programming is extremely developer-friendly as well as beginner-friendly.
Java is the programming language that has been useful for years, and will be so for years to come. It has the right capabilities and dynamics to build versatile applications in different industries. Java is used by some of the leading companies in the world, and has only received positive reviews for the most part. Its frameworks and libraries offer developers ease of development and efficiency to companies.
If you are looking for a Java app development company, BoTree Technologies can help. We provide complete Java solutions for enterprises and startups. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Choose Your Language
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management