A Guide to Django Web Development for your Business
It’s frustrating to decide the technology stack for your product – unless you are an experienced CTO. Whether to choose Ruby on Rails or Flask or Django web development or anything else – it’s challenging.
Even when you decide on a framework, there are various problems. Trusting the framework for fulfilling your requirements is an issue you cannot miss. While you cannot go wrong with dynamic and scalable web frameworks, you need to select the one with minimum damage and maximum performance.
In this article, we’ll look at the Django web development framework – one of the most flexible frameworks for businesses. The Django framework for web development is now one of the most preferred frameworks by startups and enterprises alike. But before that, let’s look at the programming language that makes Django for web development a seamless framework – Python.
Python: The foundation of Django Web Development
Python is a multi-purpose programming language that can develop any type of web application. So if your business needs an application to track employee performance or monitor consumer behaviour – Python can do it for you.
On the other hand, you can use Python for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to find patterns in your customer data and target them better. It is widely known for scalable and rapid advanced Django web development – making it one of the most preferred languages for startups.
Python programming languages work with various frameworks like Django, Flask, Web2Py, CherryPy, and many more. However, developers usually agree that the Python Django web development architecture is the best for web and data science applications.
You can learn more about Python in this blog. You will also learn what makes it the perfect choice for startups and other companies.
Django Web Development framework: A Guide for your Business
Django is an open-source full-stack, Python-based web development framework. Django web development with Python enables your business to cut down costs, save time, and provide a feature-rich solution to your customers or stakeholders.
Developers often admire Django because it provides reusable components, reducing the time taken for developing web applications. Tasks like user authentication, file uploads, CRM system implementation – all have a few similar parts that need not be created every time.
Don’t confuse Django web development with Python and Python programming language.
Python is a programming language, and Django is a web development framework that uses Python for writing the code.
Because it takes a lot of time to write code from scratch in Python, Django web development with Python is an easier option as it already has bits of code written for primary and secondary operations.
The biggest Business Benefit of Python Django for Web Development
If your business needs an application with regular updates and rapid delivery of outcomes, Django web app development is the way to go. It is highly-recommended for real-time applications.
Django software foundation says that Django was invented to meet fast-moving newsroom deadlines and satisfy the complex requirements of experienced developers. Python web development with Django projects satisfies the exact same requirements.
When you want to quickly update news on your portal, progress reports, project details, monitoring reports, and anything with frequent updates and file uploads – Django for web development comes in handy. After all, it was made for such situations.
Today, most developers know Django as “the framework for perfectionists with deadlines”.
The code is clean, and the syntax is simple. Django developers don’t have to scratch their heads while building applications in Django web development framework.
Your business is always competing with someone. This requires a product that can be quickly developed and promoted in the market to gain that competitive advantage. Django web application development allows quick product development and delivery – giving you more time to market the product.
Want to know if Django is better than Ruby? Read the comparison here.
What are the advantages of using Django for web development in your business
Being an open-source framework, Django enables you to minimize the development cost. While many people compare Django vs FLASK and consider them to be similar, the IDE for Django web development is different from FLASK in many aspects. Checkout difference between Django vs Flask
As a framework with reusable components, it allows you to reduce the development time. But apart from that, why use Django for web development in your business?
When you decide upon Django, you get the following benefits of using Django web framework for application development:-
- MVC architecture
- The Python Django web development architecture supports MVC pattern for web development. MVC, also known as Model-View-Controller, allows you to keep the user interface and business logic layer separate from each other.
- The result is the simplification of the web development process without losing time on correcting and minimizing errors because only a few emerge. However, Django developers don’t need to concentrate on the interaction between model and view.
- They can handle templates and controllers separately. In essence, Django web development with Python eliminates the complexities in development and provides a clear workflow.
- Batteries included philosophy
- Now you don’t want a framework where a lot of third-party tools are required for feature integration. Python Django for web development is widely known for its batteries included philosophy.
- It means that you don’t have to invest in third-party tools for feature integration. Python comes with components for routine tasks like free API, routing, database migration, HTTP libraries and much more.
- Django framework allows you to build dynamic web applications from the features and integrations already present in it. It doesn’t require any third-party integrations for most of the primary activities.
- Python-based framework
- Python is the best answer to the question “why use Django for web development?” Because of Python, Django is able to achieve efficiency and agility while developing ERP, CRM, CMS, and other kinds of enterprise applications.
- Python’s simple syntax keeps the codebase clean. Integration of Django features becomes easier with Python code as the framework itself is written in Python. Python also follows the Don’t Repeat Yourself principle, wherein developers don’t have to write code for the same component again and again.
- Security features
- Django provides enhanced security to web applications. It is the primary reason several FinTech and transaction management companies use Python and Django for their web applications.
- Django web framework protects web applications from cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, SQL injection and much more. While Python is a secure programming language in itself, Django adds a layer of security to it.
- Django developers can deploy the web application behind HTTPS and make data exchange with web servers way more secure than other frameworks.
- Scalable and evolving
- Python Django for web development is popular for its scalability, allowing your business to seamlessly serve thousands of users at once. You can meet massive traffic loads on your web application through Django.
- As you scale your business, handling traffic becomes the utmost priority. With Django for web development, your business can easily handle the massive load of user requests. Google, Facebook, Pinterest, are among the top Django examples that use the framework in their technology stack.
- On the other hand, Django web application development is continuously witnessing improvements as the framework evolves over time. Every new release of Django comes power-packed with features and integrations.
- The latest version, Django 2.0, released in 2018 came with a mobile-friendly admin interface, allowing developers to monitor the progress of tasks through mobile devices.
Web App Development using Django: Top 5 Django Apps
Now that you understand what are the advantages of using Django for web development, you can move on to learning about the best apps built with it. After that, it would be easier for you to embark on your own Django web app development journey.
Here are are the top 5 Django Apps:-
One of the largest projects of the Python Django web development architecture. Developers built it from scratch using Django for handling millions of users. Django offered read-to-implement solutions for their platform.
Your favourite video sharing website runs on Django. To implement features without any hassle, Django web development with Python is of great help to developers at YouTube.
Another giant in the social media world, Instagram, uses Django for managing and processing massive amounts of data. It eliminates the complexity of Instagram’s algorithm.
Combined with data science, Spotify utilizes Django for Machine Learning applications to make suggestions and deliver the perfect music to its users.
The widely popular web browser, Mozilla, utilizes Django for support sites and add-ons, allowing it to deal with millions of users every month.
Django: The new Standard in Scalability
Apart from the above 5 apps, there are hundreds of MNCs using Django for web development and handling tons of user requests at once. Django web framework has proved its potency in scalability and growing an application – allowing businesses to get a competitive edge.
Your business can dramatically benefit from a Django web application in terms of cost, time taken to develop, and flexibility while development. For further assistance in growing your business with Django, CONTACT our Django web app development experts at BoTree Technologies.
Choose Your Language
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Digital Marketing
- IT Consulting
- Project Management